Who We Are
We are a third generation family business operating five distinct businesses:
1. Meat and seafood distributor to hotels, restaurants and Institutions in the greater Reno/Tahoe area Learn More
Reno/Tahoe Distributor Manufacturer
- We serve Northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe Hotels, Restaurants and Institutions
- Premium full line of meat and seafood delivered six days a week to more than 200 customers
- Licensed Certified Angus Beef distributor
2. Private label manufacturer of portion control meat & seafood Learn More
Private Label Manufacturer
- We private label further portioned meat products for large food distributors who see value in providing high quality portion control meat products to their food service customers under their own brand.
3. Specialty and exotic manufacturer and nationwide distributor Learn More
Specialty & Exotic Manufacturer & Nationwide Distributor
- Manufacture and distribute specialty and exotic meat nationally through our distributor partners
- Featuring our own Durham Ranch brand of natural and sustainable specialty meats
4. Ranchers, specializing in bison on our 55,000 acre bison ranch in Wyoming. Learn More
Ranchers of Bison
- We have been ranching bison in Wyoming since we bought & named it The Durham Bison Ranch in 1965. Namesake to our line of natural and sustainable specialty meats. 55,000 acres in north east Wyoming. Over 4,500 head of North American premier Bison stock which has been run for the last thirty years by John Flocchini, grandson of our patriarch Armando Flocchini Sr.
- Visit www.durhambisonranch.com
5. Manufacturers and purveyors of finely handcrafted, specialty sausages and deli meats. Visit www.flocchinisausage.com
It began in 1934 when Grandfather Armando Flocchini Sr purchased the company he had been working for (founded in 1890) and brought his sons into the business.
- Durham Meat Company was started in 1890 in San Francisco and was named after the then popular Durham breed of cattle, which are a type of short horn cattle
- Armando Flocchini Sr. purchased the company that he worked for in 1934. His two sons, our fathers, Armando “Bud” Flocchini Jr. and Richard Flocchini Sr. went to work in the business with our grandfather
- In 1965 Durham Meat Company purchased a bison ranch in Wright, Wyoming and named it The Durham Ranch
- In 1986 Durham Meat Company purchased Sierra Meat Company in Reno, Nevada
Establishing a Name in Specialty Meat.
Sierra Meat Company was one of the first to begin importing farm raised venison from New Zealand. This quickly grew into a Specialty & Exotic Division of the company, which dominates the specialty game meat industry nationwide.
- In the 1990s Rich Flocchini started importing venison to the USA from New Zealand, being one of the first to offer farm raised venison in the USA
- Durham purchased Night Bird Game Company, giving a broad line of specialty meat items to compliment the Bison and Venison
Shifting Inland and Adding Fish.
The move to Reno Nevada allowed for the custom construction of our state of the art facilities with room to grow. Adding seafood quickly became a passion while both our local and national distribution continued to expand quickly.
- In 2001 Durham Corporate head quarters in San Jose was sold to a housing developer prompting a move by most of the Flocchini family to Reno, Nevada. In 2003 Sierra Meat purchased Carmel Meat and changes the name of all companies to Sierra Meat
- In 2006 Sierra Meat expands into seafood and changes the name to Sierra Meat & Seafood
- In 2011 Sierra Meat & Seafood sells the foodservice businesses in Carmel and Santa Clara to focus on its local market in Northern Nevada and its growing Specialty Meats Division, featuring the Durham Ranch line of Natural and Sustainable Meats
- 2011-2012 Sierra Meat & Seafood reaches down into the supply channel to control the process from the farm to the customer by offering 8 distinct natural and sustainable specialty meats under the Durham Ranch brand. (Bison, Wagyu Beef, Wild Boar, Natural Beef, Berkshire Pork, Natural Rabbit, Natural Venison, Game Birds)
2015 and Beyond.
Now in its 3rd generation leadership, Sierra Meat & Seafood is focused on growth. We have expanded our reach into the Wagyu cattle industry and have brought a 3rd generation sausage making family business into the fold.
- Sierra Meat & Seafood continues to build upon their established reputation as the premier meat & seafood distributor in Northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe
- Laser focus on expanding the Durham Ranch brand of Natural and Sustainable Meats to both restaurants and businesses locally in the Reno Tahoe area and through our 100 nationwide distributor partners
- We continue to pursue and expand our private label portion control business
- Under the guidance and leadership of John Flocchini, the family continues to lead the bison ranching industry forward on their 65,000 acre, 4,500 head Bison ranch in Wright, Wyoming
Chris Flocchini, President and CEO
Leadership is a natural direction for Chris. He takes the business and the relationships very seriously. Honesty and Integrity are an important part of his DNA.
Bernadette Flocchini, Executive Vice President
Focusing on growing the Specialty and Exotic Meat Division with her father has become a lifelong passion. With experience in every aspect of the industry, Bernadette is a driving force behind the company’s growth and success.
John Flocchini, Durham Ranch Manager
Having grown up on the ranch, John’s passion is in perfecting the bison experience, from sustainable and holistic ranching practices to perfecting the optimum taste when served in four-star restaurants.
Bud Flocchini Jr. has been in the family business for six decades or so
He is currently passing the leadership baton to his very capable sons, Chris and Steve. Bud’s life has been fully immersed in the meat industry, including serving on the board of directors as president and chairman for Pacific Meat Jobbers Association, Western States Meat Packers Association, National Bison Association and currently as the Chairman of the Board of our parent company, Armand Agra.
Rich Flocchini, a lifetime in the meat business
Also phasing out of a leadership role, Rich is turning the keys to the store over to his talented and experienced children, Bernadette, Rick & Patrick. His pioneering work in the Specialty and Exotic Meat industry is a legacy to be proud of, one that has shown exponential growth during his tenure and continues to push the company into new directions.
Stephen J. Flocchini, Durham Ranch Brand Manager
The trained chef of the family, Steve applies his culinary expertise as the Durham Ranch Brand Manager. His eye for excellence is key to drive the Durham Ranch Brand of Specialty Meats into the future.
Patrick Flocchini, Transportation & Warehouse Manager
Business happens when goods exchange hands. Patrick’s keen organizational and logistics focus keeps our shelves stocked, trucks moving and the best protein in the business headed straight to you.
Rick Flocchini, Production and Manufacturing Manager
A butcher by trade, and a manager by experience, Rick runs a spotless & skilled production department where the meat of our business is born (pun intended!).
Stephen Junichi Flocchini 4th generation family with a logistics focus
Making his mark and stretching his wings, Steve J. is learning the business and finding where his skills are best suited. Organized. Focused. Strategic. Words that all fit the master behind the logistics machine.
Raquel Ferrari, 4th generation family and telling the story
Raised with a love of good food and cooking, being drawn to the food industry was a natural fit. Working with the marketing team has been a terrific way to utilize her strengths in the family business and support growth as the next generation begins to push the company’s success into the future.