“This recipe is a healthy, fresh alternative to the popular, breaded version.”
- 14 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 2 slices center-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded Tomatoes
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook bacon in a skilletover medium heat until crispy.
- Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, and crumble bacon.
- Combine bacon, cheeses, and the next 4 ingredients through garlic in a bowl, stirring to combine.
- Divide cheese evenly, and fill pepper halves.
- Place peppers cheese side up on grill, cover and grill peppers 8 minutes, or until bottoms of peppers are charred, and cheese mixture is lightly browned.
- Place peppers on serving platter.
- Sprinkle with tomato, and cilantro.
~Thank you Weekend Cooker, Food.com