- 3 to 3 1/2 lbs frying rabbit
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablesoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic (minced or pressed)
- Rinse rabbit and pat dry. Arrange in a single layer in a shallow dish.
- Prepare the marinade: In a boil, whisk salad oil, red wine vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic.
- Pour marinade over rabbit. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until the next day, turning occasionally.
- Lift rabbit from marinade and drain briefly. barbecue rabbit by indirect heat, placing rabbit on grill directly above drip pan. Cover barbecue and adjust dampers as necessary to maintain an even heat. Cook, basting often with marinade until meat is white at bone; cut to test (about 35 minutes).