- 2 1/2 lbs ground bison
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 3 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 cans (14 oz. ea.) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (6 oz. ea.) tomato paste
- 7 oz. light beer
- 3 teaspoons crushed, dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon light chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 cups cooked or canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon Tobasco sauce
- Dash of sea salt
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the onions and garlic. Saute until transparent.
- Add the ground bison to the pan and brown lightly. Remove any excess liquid and discard. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, beer, red pepper flakes, cayenne, chili powder and cumin. Stir to mix.
- Continue to cook over low heat for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the black beans, Tobasco and salt. Cook 10 to 12 minutes or until beans are heated.