OK, so the title is a bit ridiculous. Overwhelming. But there are too many flavors in this dish to be ignored! Enjoy this taste sensation and love that it is paleo-preferred.
Prep time: 10 mins
Ingredients: For the burgers
- 1lb Ground Bison
- 2 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons choice of fat (I used bacon fat)
For the chutney
- 5-6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- pinch of salt
- Place large skillet under medium heat and add diced bacon. Cook down until bacon is completely cooked through, then place cooked bacon on a plate with a paper towel and leave 2-3 tablespoons of bacon fat in the pan.
- Then add your diced onion to the hot pan and cook down until translucent.
- Next add your apple and mix with onion and cover to let cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Then add your balsamic vinegar and water and a bit of salt and thoroughly mix together until the balsamic vinegar is completely incorporated in.
- While your chutney is finishing cooking, mix your burger ingredients together in a bowl.
- Make 4 burger patties and place burgers in a skillet under medium heat with 1-2 tablespoons of your choice of fat.
- Cook on both sides for about 5-8 minutes or until cooked to preference.
- Place chutney on top of burgers and consume!!