- 4 6 ounce filets: Venison Loin Medallions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8oz small button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons cream sherry
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely sliced
- Season Venison with salt & pepper.
- Heat olive oil in non-stick skillet. Add Venison and cook until rare. Remove from skillet.
- Add onion and mushrooms to pan; cook 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add sherry; cook 1 minute. Add stock; boil until liquid is reduced by half, about 8-10 minutes, skimming fat & foam as necessary.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of cream with cornstarch.
- Add remaining cream to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Whisk in cornstarch mixture; simmer 4-5 minutes. Add Venison, pecans and green onions. Simmer 2 minutes and serve.